Policy for Protection of Personal Information
We, Ipros Corporation (hereinafter referred to as any of "we", "us" or "our"), provide online services which facilitate distribution of technological information, product information, and services information in industrial fields based on the principle of contributing to industrial development in the area of information distribution. We handle a large quantity of personal information for our business operation; therefore, we strive to ensure the security and reliability of our information systems by establishing a management system for personal information pursuant to the following policy for protection of personal information and thereby realize responsible handling of personal information as an enterprise.
We shall establish a management system for protection of personal information in line with business development and act appropriately in accordance with prescribed rules in collecting, using, and providing personal information. In addition, use of personal information other than for its intended purpose shall be prohibited and necessary preventive measures shall be taken.
We shall adhere to laws and regulations, and guidelines set forth by the State and other rules pertaining to personal information.
We shall take appropriate measures for prevention of and correction of illegal access to, leakage of, or loss or damage of personal information.
We shall make good faith efforts to formulate a management system for protection of personal information, conduct regular reviews thereof, and make continuous improvement thereto.
We shall respect a person's rights regarding his/her personal information and respond to requests for disclosure, correction, or deletion of personal information within a reasonable period of time and to an appropriate extent.
For inquiries relating to personal information, please contact us at:
Ipros Corporation, person in charge of the management of personal information
Established on August 21, 2005
Last amended on September 28, 2012
Representative Director and President, Keiji Kobayashi
Applicable scope of this Policy
Personal information as referred to herein means information about an individual, which can identify that individual by name, address, telephone number, company name, e-mail address, access history to Our Services, or other details, or information which alone cannot identify that individual but can be easily cross-checked with other information and can identify the individual as a result.
Collection of personal information
We collect personal information through entry forms on our websites or by requesting it separately as necessary. We shall not, in principle, obtain any personal information that includes any of the following content; provided, however, that this shall not apply to the case in which such information is voluntarily provided to us:
- Matters pertaining to thought, creed or religion;
- Race, ethnic group, family origin, registered domicile (excluding information about prefecture of residence), physical or mental disorder, criminal history, or any other matters which may cause social discrimination;
- Matters pertaining to the right of workers to organize, bargain and act collectively;
- Matters pertaining to participation in any collective industrial action, exercise of right of petition or any other political right; or
- Matters pertaining to health care or sexual lifestyle.
Purpose of use of personal information
Purposes of our use of personal information are as follows. We shall not use personal information beyond the scope of the following purposes without your consent. If there are any other purposes of use, we shall notify you about such purpose of use each time information is collected.
Information for operating Our Services
Providing registered information to a member (a “introduction requesting member”) who sees information posted on the BtoB information site and requests us to introduce him or her to the person posting such information (the “exhibition member”), and providing the information of the introduction requesting member to the exhibition member, so that the introduction requesting member and the exhibition member may communicate with each other
- Identity verification of the members of the BtoB information services, and provision of services for members
- Back-up and storage pursuant to the operation of the BtoB information services
- Distribution of information such as email magazines and various notices to members who separately give consent
- Notification of confirmation or notice necessary for the operation of services
- Receipt of questionnaires, or acceptance of applications for gifts or other promotional campaigns, and delivery of gifts, etc.
- Response to opinions and inquires relating to services
- Request for questionnaire investigation for the reflection of the results thereof to our various services and new businesses
- Other provision of information regarding the BtoB information services considered to be useful to members
- Communications pertaining to business negotiation or business operation, placing or receiving orders, or billing or paying
- Response to inquiries
Information of business partners etc.
- Miscellaneous communications pertaining to business negotiation or business operation, placing or receiving orders, or billing or paying
- Provision of information on Our Services by telephone, fax, e-mail, post etc.
Personal Information incidental to inquiries or requests etc.
- Response to such inquiries or requested matters
Personal information incidental to our business activities
- Recruiting and screening activities
- Personnel administration of employees (including ex-employees)
Personal information entrusted from business partners
- Execution of entrusted services.
We shall handle personal information only within the agreed scope of use, unless permitted by laws and regulations as an exception.
Preparation and use of statistical data
We may prepare statistical data that is processed to prevent an individual from being identified based on the personal information provided to us. We may use without limitation any statistical data that cannot identify an individual.
Voluntariness of provision of personal information
You may not use member services if you do not provide the information required in the membership registration form for Our Services, or you do not agree to the provision of personal information to third parties.
Provision of personal information to third parties
Our provision of personal information to third parties is as set out below.
Provision relating to our operation of services
If a member (a “information requesting member”) uses Our Services to request the information provided by another member (the “providing member”), for the purpose of responding to such request we will disclose the name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number, company or group name, department name, and job title that is registered as membership information and to the extent designated by us.
With regard to the preceding paragraph, we may disclose the information of the information requesting member to a third party designated by the providing member, within the scope of the purpose of responding to the requested matters.
We may disclose the matters to be disclosed (ex. nickname, PR, etc.) that are the information registered as membership information on our sites depending on the usage.
Other provisions relating to our business activities
We shall, in principle, not provide personal information to any third party without the person's consent. We provide personal information only if the receiving party and the contents of the information to be provided are specified and the user's consent has been obtained; provided, however, that we may provide personal information without the person's consent in any of following cases to the extent that no law or regulation is violated:
- Cases in which we deem that the person may be harmful to a third party;
- Cases in which the personal information is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual, improving public health, or promoting the sound growth of children and in which it is difficult to obtain the prior consent of the person;
- Cases in which it is for cooperating with a state organ, a local government, or an individual or a business operator entrusted by either of the former two in executing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations and in which obtaining the consent of the person is likely to impede the execution of the affairs concerned;
- Cases in which a bar association, or consumer affairs center or any institution with similar authority requested the disclosure of personal information;
- Cases in which laws and regulations permit disclosure or provision of personal information;
- Cases in which we entrust the handling of personal information in whole or in part within the scope necessary for the achievement of the purpose of use; or
- Cases in which personal information is provided as a result of the succession of business in a merger or otherwise and such personal information is handled within the scope of purpose of use before the succession of business.
Disclaimer for provision of personal information to third party
We shall not assume any responsibility for acquisition of personal information by third parties in any of the following cases:
- Cases in which a person inputs his or her personal information having acknowledged that such information will become public as is;
- Cases in which a person inputs his or her personal information in an area where it is easy to assume that the information indicated will become public based on the purposes of such area or in which the information inputted by a person and publicly disclosed could unexpectedly identify the individual;
- Cases in which a person other than the relevant user uses identification information (e.g. ID, password, etc.);
- Cases in which a user provides or uses his or her personal information in external websites linked to our websites and operated by a third party company; or
- Other cases in which the disclaimer indicated at the time of acquisition of personal information applies.
Outsourcing of processing of personal information
We may outsource the handling of personal information in whole or in part. We shall assume responsibility for the handling of personal information by the entrusted party.
Disclosure, correction, or deletion etc. of personal information
You may at any time refer to, change, delete (withdrawal from membership) the membership information registered with us by yourself by accessing the website, logging in, and opening My Page.
Please contact us at the e-mail address below for any change other than by the above-mentioned method or for cessation of use of Our Services. We shall process the disclosure, deletion or withdrawal from membership within a reasonable period of time, provided that your proposal is deemed appropriate by us.
We collect information such as access history by using cookies technology in order to save the user from entering a password each time, to provide the customized service according to user interests or action history on our sites, to research access history and usage, and to provide the most appropriate service to users. The information of users collected through cookies shall be used only to the extent necessary for the provision of Our Services and shall not be used for any other purpose.
If a user disables cookies, the use of Our Services may be restricted or they may not function properly.
Measures for security management
We shall strive to implement appropriate security measures in order to ensure the accuracy and security in management of personal information. In addition, if any problem is found in our security measures, we shall take corrective measures promptly by identifying the cause.
Name of business operator and the person in charge of the management of personal information
Ipros Corporation, person in charge of the management of personal information
For inquiries relating to personal information, please contact the person in charge of the management of personal information
Established on February 10, 2009
Last amended on April 27, 2017